Sunday, June 30, 2013

Relocation!

Last Wednesday, Google sent an email to every blogger who's blog is consider adult in nature. The key part of the message was "We will be updating our Content Policy to strictly prohibit the monetisation of Adult content on Blogger. After June 30th 2013, we will be enforcing this policy and will remove blogs which are adult in nature and are displaying advertisements to adult websites."

With Google's usual diplomacy and communication skills, they declined to explain what counts as monetisation. Is it having pop-up porn ads on your site?  Is it linking to your adult books on Amazon? Is it linking to your sexcam business? Adult bloggers don't know because Google won't elaborate.

The kicker for me was the cut-off date of June 30th.  Four freaking days to back up and move your blog? I noticed that I didn't get an email telling me how to do that.

As an erotic writer, porn hobbyist and sex enthusiast, I often realize that my hobbies and interests will not be accepted by some people. That's cool. They're not my friends and I don't worry about them.

It is painfully clear to me that Google/Blogger isn't my friend either. They could have done this in a completely different manner and they choose not to. That's cool. I am going elsewhere and I am not going to worry about them.

Erotiterrorist is moving to ShonRichards.com hosted by Dreamhost. Please update whatever thingy you use to keep track of this stuff.


No comments: