Friday, October 09, 2009

Off to Fight Cannibals

My mom lives in the Appalachian mountains. She has neighbors who have never seen a toilet. That would be scary enough but I am also a fan of the movie, 'Descent', a British film that shows all of the underground cannibal genetic monsters that live there.

It is on. I got a crowbar, which as we all know is an all purpose tool and weapon in videogames. I actually have 50 feet of rope which as we all know, is an important part of every Dungeons and Dragons player's equipment. I also have unresolved anger at my ex-wife, which as we all know is the best source of anger in a horror movie.

I'll see you all Monday

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved Descent!! That movie really fucked with my head. I also loved the other two spelunking movies that came out at that same time - The Cave, and The Cavern. Of the three, Descent is definitely the best :)
And now I sound like a dim-witted fangirl. Heh:)

Have fun in the mountains!

Shon Richards said...

Descent may be the best horror movie for treating women like real people and not victims or Vampire Slayers.

Musns said...

Descent was awesome. I heard through the grapevine they are making a sequel...which disappoints me as sequels are never as good as the original.

Shon Richards said...

Musns- I think they are making a prequel, which saddens me more.